Friday, August 04, 2006

August 4,2006 Time Flies

I believe the old saying is something like this....."Time flies when You are having fun.....", well guess what? Time flies even if your not having fun, or even if your just kind of not not paying much attention to what life is like and just living life one day at a time cause that is all thet can be done!!

I can't believe it has been that long since I last wrote in here. We've had our good days and our bads as everyone does. Our worst was the day our oldest grandson was court ordered given back to his abusive mother.....yes we could not believe it either!! A lot of anger went on here in this house hold and thanks to my mom, on the spiritual side of things and one of my best friends, Deb Hecht, who lives in Bellvue Neb talking me thru things,Deb on the practical and the possibilities legally, I finally got calmed down. There really isn't anything I can do as a grandparent but sit back and pray. Which is what we have done, we have prayed a hedge of protection around Dallas for no harm to come to him and then asked Gods will to be done and for the kids, My son and his wife, to have wisdom in the decisions they make. If so inclined we would appreciate everyone how agrees with us in Jesus name to do likewise believeing it will happen.

I did get a call tonight from my son asking me to be looking at my calender for not next week but the following week to see if we have appointments that week to let him know as he plans to go see Dallas that week, just before school will start.

I have kind of put most of my quilt things on hold for now.....I felt like I needed a change or something. So this week I started putting or finishing up some of the HO train buildings we have. Right now Scott has been working on his wooden boats.....I'll have to see if he has any recent pics of the 2 he has worked on this summer but he has been doing what looks like an old fashion steam boat with the side paddles......right now it is sitting as he tries to figure out how to do the paddles and connect and make them work......and do it all cheap!!

At preasent he is doing a tow boat! This is cool also as I watch pieces of wood become shapes like some of the finished boats I see pics of that he saves and has on his screen saver program. Sometimes you look at what he has and you just have to say(to yourself....not out load, no discouraging allowed!!) NO WAY!!! The he brings it in to show me what he has done or I'm sitting close by and watch as he adds here and bend boards there and glues(and holds it in plave with good old MASKING TAPE no less) takes the sander and sands off corners. Takes a small drill and starts with a small hole and because you don't want the hole too big, you wrap sandpaper around the handle of a paint brush and sand the hole a little bit at a time trying the piece every few stoles till it is just right, of course this also allows you to keep the hole round or start it toward an oval which fits the ability of removing the piece in the future if need be for repair work that sometimes has to happen in this area.

Now tell me are you as impressed as I have been with all of this?? All from planks, sheets and sticks of wood!! When I find the pics of what is done so far I will post what he has done.

Well, the pain meds seem to be kicking in again so guess I will head for bed, but before I do......My daughter Brie took a painting class this summer at the college where she works.....because she could and she loves art!! The first url will have the photo she took of herself and we are going to work on this one just a tad and i am having this one made big and put in my family pic wall for her recent pic.....I love it!! www.deviantart.com/deviation/35998613 any way the next url is the self portrait painting she did from it!! www.deviantart.com/deviation/36068016 The next url is her standing outside at the campus on the patio and what she saw(that is what they were told to paint) www.deviantart.com/deviation/35751998 and the the last one is actually a Christmas ornament we picked up several years ago, she got the dragon fly and i got my giraffe. www.deviantart.com/deviation/35538762

No comments: