Wednesday, June 28, 2006

How to have a ride in an Ambulance and spend 6 hours of your Afternoon in the ER.

Well, yesterday really did start out pretty good, I took my daughter Brie to work and she needed to stop by Lowes to see if they could make keys for a new box that the Art Dept had and only one of the teachers and her had keys so far. Lowes said they thought the only one key they had was just a bit short and they would recommend the regular key co. here in town. Now you know most places like Lowes who are out for your business only do that IF they really do not believe they can help you. I like doing business with companies like that.

So Brie needs to get on to work, as she is also taking a painting class out at the college this summer also. So I volunteered to take her on to work and since i have to run an errand across from the Lock Doctors, I could have the keys made and bring them back out. So since I've taken classes out there and graduated from out there in '99 there are still a lot of people who know me and of course I had to go in and up stairs to get a Tax Free Exempt Letter, so everyone was in yesterday, well not everyone but it wasn't an in and out thing. Anyway I go get my errand run, get keys made and they even had to take some off of the key as it was too thick and he could tell. But he did a good job cause as soon as i got back we tried all the keys and they all worked!! There is sometimes you just have to go to the experts and not fool around.

I came on home, I had picked up some pop and had left 1 2ltre with Brie, brought the others home, went and checked the mail, got my Missouri Conservation Magazine and came on in. Got something to drink, Mt Dew of course, layed down on the bed and my husband and I were looking at the Conservation, his alarm went off letting him know it was time for him to begin to think about getting ready for work, he gets up, heads to shower, something is tickling my nose and all of a sudden I'm hollering......Scott, quick, find me a towel or something, my nose is bleeding and it is a gusher this time!! We mess with it for 10 min. and he is ready to take me into ER, then I begin to gag on it and he hits 911. They are telling him to have me do this and that and he telling them ....she's already doing it!!

At the ER, they have trouble getting it to stop too. The Paramedics had gotten it to ease way down by having me toblow out my nose and then very quickly they came in with a couple of good sprays of Nasonex something like that , it will shrink the vessles and help slow down the bleeding. I knew that, just didn't know how to do it....now I do!! Anyway, after many tries of the dr trying to put a patch on the bleeder, and the pulse knocking it back off he finally got the nurse ready and put the patch on, she held it on with a long handle of a q-tip while he slipped in a wad and inflatted it with saline to keep the patch in place and then we did a lot of praying for the next half hour that it would hold!!

I came on home and have been in bed as Instructed except to eat, it is awful hard to breath out of your mouth and eat or drink all at once. I go back into ER on Thursday evening/afternoon to get this removed, I just pray the patch stays on then too, if not I have to be transported down town Kansas City as they have an ENT dr on staff down there. I also have fears of this going against me for the Gastric Bypass surgery also. I've had to keep telling myself all day, you can't cry, it won't help the current situation!! but the tears do keep trying, very frustrating!! They kept thinking last night it was do to my blood pressure but my blood pressure has been great.....it was bad then because of my frustrations of what was happening and what was going on in my head.

Okay food break over, as soon as I put up the latest pics that my husband has scanned in today of our sub he has made and of us with it then it is back to bed.

No comments: