Saturday, February 21, 2009

We saw an Eagle yesterday


Ever have one of those days where you saw something as it moved by you fast then later you did the thing of .......Wow did I really see that? Well yesterday was one of those days.
Guess I was having a case of Cabin Fever and Scott was here so we put $5 in the tank and set out to find a Conservation site that we had seen on the web page. It was just south of Pilot Grove, it is mainly a boat access ramp for the Lamine River. Anyway we had just gotten there and Scott was getting out a kite to try to fly, I was walking down the boat ramp and suddenly looked up and there was a mature Bald Eagle flying about 50 ft off the ground and about 50 ft accross the river from us........WOW AWESOME!! I quickly called out to Scott so he could see it and frantically tried to get the camera on and get a pic. Well I did get a pic but not one where you could tell it was an Eagle. Oh well, I and Scott know what we saw and we were on a high needless to say!Of course later it was one of those things were we both thought about what we saw and wondered had we really seen the Eagle. I mean we were out in the middle of no where and saw an Eagle.....we were on a gravel road and the grader was out working on this gravel road....how cool is that??
By the way Scott did get 2 of his kites in the air, however, the wind kept changing on us so they didn't stay up very long. We did enjoy just getting out, but believe me seeing the Eagle was worth evey bit of the time we were out.

1 comment:

Nana-Judy said...

Great post! You are in an area of the country where the Eagles come to spend the winter. They like the bluffs along the Missouri River. We have seen them a time or two when we were traveling to Columbia. It IS an exciting event! Glad you had a great day outdoors! Sounds like your therapy after surgery is going well. Are you still using a walker?