Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Stop the World I want to get off or at least slow down...

Well, it seems I have used that title before but it sure seems appropriate again!! Thursday I got a phone call in the afternoon that told me I had an appointment down in Columbia on Monday the 23rd of April.

Boy was I surprised........ so I called down to the clinic to see what was going on. Apparently Carrie who I needed to talk to was already gone but AimeeK said it was suppose to be the last appointment before surgery according to the notes in the files......well, that didn't tell me anything, so I left a message on Carrie's voice mail asking her to please call me Friday.


Carrie did call me close to 10:30am on Friday and told me there had been a mistake on the appointment as she hadn't been able to get hold of me. However, if I wanted her to she could arrange for me to have all the appointments I needed to have on the 30th of April. All appointments meant the class I need to take, the Dr visit, and a visit with the anesthesiologist at the hospital. Since we travel 2 hours to get there that is a good deal! So I agreed to doing that, and since the money came in for the class, thank you Lord.

Brie and I went out for a short time on Friday, originally to go to the store but while out I decided I really needed to get shoes. I have been wearing the same pair everyday since just before Scott and i got married almost 2 years ago. Decided that they were probably what was adding to the leg and feet hurting all the time, and yes, they have made a difference. While out I got a call on my cell phone from Carrie and she had a date for surgery also. The first date she gave me was the 23rd of May but I found a message on my cell phone from her later in the afternoon where she had to change it and so it is set up for the 29th of May. I am to start a liquid protein diet 2 weeks prior to the surgery to prepare me for the changes.

This is not the beginning of the changes in my life style. I have been working on these changes for a couple of years or so now. It is not a diet it is a life style change. My stomach will now be the size of an egg.....I will be putting small amounts into it and I will be putting protein as a priority.......I have learned some of this already by the research I have been doing. However, the class I am to take will also cover some of this, Scott is to attend this with me to help with the decisions that need to be made now and later. I am looking forward to being able to buying clothes off the racks at Walmart, I think I am looking forward to being thin and hopefully being a lot healthier!!

No comments: