Sunday is usually pretty good days for me but this is one day that I wish I could "redo" this time. Seems like it has just been a bad day for me. I didn't have much sleep the night before and then I woke up and realised I'd over spent the day before.....and it wasn't even the first day of the month!! I just don't do that, I always have taken my obligations seriously.......but Saturday was just one of those days for me and then Sunday turned out bad because of what I did Saturday. Not good!!
Of course the fact that I had gotten a call from my Brother Paul with the news that Dad has cancer again. Paul believes that from things he heard while around our folks that they expect this to be a fast moving cancer, again not good for the making of a good day. It is like all sense just left me.....Dad will be 80 this year and we are planning to go up there on the 20th and all of us meet and take mom and dad out to dinner for their birthdays. Hopefully we can come up with the money to do that now.
I managed to make the best of the rest of Sunday......first we joined the Santa Fe Baptist Church where we have been going. Scott and I both pretty well knew last week that we were going to join, we just needed to take the step and so we did this morning. We both feel wanted and needed there at the church, a couple from here at the apartment and another lady from here go there too. Stanley and Donna both teach an adult class, Stanley the mens and Donna the women, we have decided to join the Pastors new class that He and his Wife are starting.
Polly, the other lady from the apartments, has a time just before the message, during the service where all the small children come to the front and Polly talks with the kids and presents a small lesson for them. Today they talked about pets and she was asking them about their pets, at the time we couldn't see who said they had crickets for a pet but afterwards, Pastor Tom had the man in the booth turn on the video in the daycare center where his wife was and informed her they needed to see about a dog as their son David told everyone his pet was cricket. It really was funny and i agree with Pastor Tom, you never know what kids are going to say. Pastor Tom did tell us they had crickets real bad in their basement and they were trying to get rid of them, but in the meantime his sons did catch them and put them in jars from time to time.
I have not felt good at all today and the other stress just added to it. I have hurt pretty bad for the last few days and have not been able to get much sleep because of it. I did sleep for a couple hours after church, then got up and went down to commons room to watch Chiefs Football. We were behind when I got downstairs and it was about time for the half time, but we made up for it in the last half and went on to win 30 to 17 over San Diego Chargers....way to go Chiefs!! I got to hurting more so went back upstairs and spent the evening watching TV and working on the chimneys and windows of one of the Train buildings I have, will take a picture and post it tomorrow. I really like the way it is coming together now and I think that Scott does too. He made a comment tonight that he wondered if it would ever get made and now he is seeing it and likes what he sees. He has helped me a time or two when something was just not going for me or when My hand was just too shaky to place something straight.
Okay feels like pain meds has started to work so off to bed for me.....Night
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kathryn, I am so sorry that your dad has had a relapse of cancer. That is rough no matter of age. I will pray for him and your entire family. It is wonderful that you have found a church home. Faith in God can give us the strength that we need to get through each day.
Carolyn H. in Kentucky
Post a Comment