Tuesday, March 03, 2009

sitting in the "MIDDLE" of Missouri

ya know it has been really funny so far this week, and yes I know that this is just Tuesday........but here we sit in the "MIDDLE" of Missouri and yesterday while we were out we saw all kinds of chunks of packed snow in parking lots. It didn't come from Boonville......I know Aunt Judy said they got some snow in Smithton and the guy at the new local hobby shop lives in Arrow Rock and he said they got inches of snow. However, here in Boonville, I looked out and said oh it is snowing cause I saw the snow on the roof tops and then I looked out again and said......it's quit and still only a scuff on the roof tops.....and that was gone by night time.
Not complaining because we didn't get any but just think it funny how it went clear around us here. My daughter offered to package some up and send it to me from Omaha but that's okay........this gal is ready for SPRING!! Got CABIN FEVER setting in bad some days. I had it so bad the other day I walked down the way a bit and got a candy bar at In and OUT, the local convenient store over by the Casino.......then got caught in a small rain shower and had to sit over there to wait out the rain. No big deal only lasted half hour and the walked back to our building and felt good for having been out.....it was in the 60's that day.

Earlier that week Scott and I had been over to the Ft. Kemper Park, which is the grounds where Kemper Military School was, and he flew some kits while I just sat and soaked up the sun. I'm ready for good weather and some picnics..........was thinking would love to see our family......I mean the whole BIG family get together some time soon for an old fashion "GRANPA COEN" get together. I sure miss not seeing the family and I am sure there will be those that I won't even recognise any more!!

Well, time to get dressed and do something today......not sure what yet, maybe I'll go work on the train layout in the other room.

1 comment:

Nana-Judy said...

Wow! 2 posts in as many days! I'm impressed. Is it because you are feeling a lot better? I can't believe you missed all of that snow. We still have a lot on the ground, but the last 2 days have melted a lot of it off. Buddie was out for a while this afternoon and his feet didn't get very muddy. But Ron put him out again about an hour ago and when he came back in I had to stick him in the tub and wash his feet! He wasn't liking that very much!! Kris gave him a bath Saturday night, and he didn't really think it was time for another one, I guess. After I dried his paws off he ran and jumped on the couch with Ron and hid from me. What a dog!