Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Fibromyalgia

I have been reading a new book I ordered thanks to one of the ladies on one of my groups. The author is a neighbor of hers and Believe me this woman seems to know what she is talking about! Some of the things I have read to Scott and afterwards he said when we got back home he wanted to look the place over and find the cameras they had hid and were watching us with to write this book!! The book"fibromyalgia: a comprehensive approach" by Miryam Ehrlich Williamson.

Actually I have read the book clear thru, patially read it thru(you know the parts where you go back and say ....wait did I read that right?) Now I am going through with my ink pen(since my highlighters are all dead) and marking things as I come to them this time, that I either want to remember or that I want to be able to go back and say....see I knew it was the fibro when I told you that before!! Then there are those where we have looked at them and re-read several times the first time going thru and said WOW.....didn't know that but it makes a lot of sense!!

Now don't get me wrong I'm not stupid and I realise with my age that some symptoms could be just from getting older but then again some of these symptoms have been with me too long to blame it on just getting older. I also have an answer for the Doctor who is always telling me that I'm always going to be depressed and i might as well learn to live with it and just keep taking the meds all the rest of my life!! Yes I may have moments, even weeks of some depression, but you show me someone who suffers from pain who dosen't suffer from depression!! I do not plan on staying in depression all my life, he makes it sound like I had just better plan on being a psycho case the rest of my life and I don't plan on that happening!!

In fact my regular Doctor and I had a good session the other day and the neurologist and I had a good session the day before, they both are thinking we are on the right track and are hoping to see changes soon. They took me off of Celebrex and gave me some new meds that we hope once I get up to the appropriate dose for me will stop the massive spasms and restless legs that I seem to have all over my body. Scott says some nights I almost knock him out of bed with the spasms and I have knocked him upside the head a few times. I had a really bad spasm last night that jerked my whole body and made my hip where I couldn't move it. All I could do was cry and Scott had to help me move the leg so the hip was back in place so it would ease up. When I finally was able to get up I was very cautious as i wasn't sure if the hip would hold me but I needed to get up and take some meds...bad!! My whole body has increasingly let me know how much of it was involved with the spasm.....it is going to be a very long day I have an idea on Wed March 1st.

Okay better head for bed again and try to get more sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well! I understand. Also, I am a member of your F*A*T group, just signed up. I have fibromyalgia and I can surely relate to what you say. Maybe we can help and encourage one another with our work, our weight, and our knowledge of coping with this. I have a number of other debilitating illnesses which I don't like to talk about, but I am disability retired and have SS benefits...I'm only 50. I feel 80 alot of the time and I, too, turn to the Lord...you say you pray, are you Christian? I am a Christian, a true believer, struggling with my cross and relying on Him every day of my life. He has humbled me so! I'd love for you to contact me back if you'd like! But I don't do, "woe is me" stuff, I try to stay positive. When I want to ask "why me?" I think, "read Job again"!

Sally B.
Adamstown, PA

Anonymous said...

I also have fibermyalgia and would like to know what meds you are trying besided Celebrex? reilone@ccp.com