Thursday, February 16, 2006

Surviving yet another Valentines Day

Well, these last 2 weeks have been rough in a lot of ways.....On Feb 8th recieved word that my niece Roxanne who is in the Army was in a helicopter during a night training flight at Yakima Training Center, Washington. to quote her mom "Roxanne has a concussion and a compression fracture of the spine, whiplash and various technicolor bruises, cuts, nicks and scratches." That was a big scare but now it is still a concern as we know the compression fracture is at T7 of her spine which is just about the middle of the back!! Also it is hard on her as Roxanne is and always has been a very active person physically. The need to stay in Washington state till the investgation is over then they will be going back to Fort Drum in NewYork where they were stationed, and we will see what the Dr. there say about what needs to be done further.

Then Feb 14 has been a hard day for my family since 2000 when my sister Jane passed away from tongue cancer. Scott had even arranged for my Valentines to be on Monday the 13th so we could enjoy it. Now this year we have had another tragedy added to the Valentines Day and that is my cousin Mark in California, he and his wife Karen lost their oldest daughter Tiffany. It was thought that originally it was suicide but now it is uncertain until autopsy is finished.

I know I've been taught that God will not give us any more than we can handle as Christians but you wonder sometimes when things like this seem to pile up on you!! I've really wanted to sew or accomplish something over the last month or so but just have had no energy and with the arthur and fibro I have really been hurting. I did find a pamplet that I believe explains Fibromyalgia better than any I have seen so far If you know of someone who has fibro and want to help them it is worth reading!!

http://www.arc.org.uk/about_arth/booklets/6013/6013.htm

Well, it is almost 4am and we are up because the neighbors downstairs had their smoke alarms go off but fire department couldn't find anything. Now we have to begin to come down again so we can sleep again.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I'm so sorry that things are so rough for you at the moment Bubbybird. My thoughts are with you and your family. I also hope that your creative energies return soon, I know that sewing and working on my craft projects has kept me sane while trying to deal with the loss of my Mum this December. Sending lots of fairy dust your way :)