Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Very good first part of the week

First of all I should be in bed but tonight is one of those nights where I slept real hard for about an hour and now I'm wide awake!!

The weekend was looking like it was going to be rather dull. I did some cleaning, but for a change not in the hobbyroom. I was getting the rubbermaid/plastic bowls and containers back together where they belong and the doors where they will shut again......you know, that forever battle, where you say I am smarter than the plastic ware.....I will win!! It's amazing how once you go around the kitchen and find all the pieces, what a difference it makes in the looks of the kitchen clutter!! Then it just took some minor putting up of things and you could actually find cabinet tops in our small kitchen again......wow!!

I also got the coffee pot that my mom had brought to me that my dads mom had given them as a wedding gift, washed up and ready to use. It is old fashion compared to the ones now!! I nor Scott drink coffee but with it being ceramic I believe that I can use it to hold hot water for tea......now I will get in and make me a tea cozy for it then I can use it in the hobbyroom when I'm in there.

On Sunday I had several goals and it was very hard to stay on just one cause I kept having to get into the closet to put up things or get out things and I needed to actually go deeper into the closet stuff and get my small bookcase out to use in my bedroom. BUT....I needed to get certain things together with other things that were already in containers that were in the closet so I could get up to the computer and sewing machine here in the hobbyroom. I hate it when it is hard to decide which needs to be done first!!

Well, my son called and said he and family would be by sometime afternoon or evening so I thought.....okay I will get into the closet and get that done so i can get things put back into the closet before the kids get here. Then I find out that only the youngest, Michael is coming, he just turned 1 the first of Feb. Okay not problem He won't matter as much if I have to I can shove things in my bedroom.

WRONG.....when I hear them coming up the stairs I hear the girls talking so it is hurry hurry and stuff things back into the closet.....infact while the kids are knocking and hollering Nana, I'm hollering back Just a minute and having to get things in the closet so I can even get to the door!! But that's okay it all went in and I got my hugs and a bigger suprise as my daughter had come home at the same time they were coming in so I got to see both of my kids as well as my grandkids. YEA!!!

Rusty was doing some electical work for us so he started that while the kids ate the chicky nuggets they's brought with them and frenfries. Then we talked and played. Mandy my sons wife helped with the kids some and "helped" my son some. BUT.......they had also brought me pictures of all the kids that are around here!! So as soon as I can get it scanned I have a new pic to put up of Grand kids. We have Alexis(Mandy's 8yr old) Jerrica 31/2 yrs old, Michael 1yr old and Julie 21/2 yrs old. Very good pic of the kids, I am very happy to get a recent one.

Before they left I had my son see if he could get the knot out of my back so my rib would go back into place, which involves me laying on the floor and him having to do a lot of rubbing and massaging. The kids have never been around when he has had to do this before we realised that night......boy did he have help!! I think I felt everyone of the kids rubbing at some point!! The funniest was however, when Julie the very bold "tank" of the group got down almost on her head and pulled my hair back and said.....whacha doin Nana? We got to laughing so much it was hard to finish!! Her nose was almost on my nose and I could see her feet but she was almost on her head, and the biggest grin you can imagine!!

Okay time to get off and try to sleep....

No comments: