Saturday, August 18, 2007

Another sleepless night

I just get to sleep good and the hip pain kicks in and wakes me up.....laying on it hurts, and not laying on it hurts even more. I can't sleep on my back or stomach anymore so that's out too. I think not having the ibuprofen is part of it, I know in the past when I was able to have a couple of doses of it down me over a days time made a difference. I will ask the bariatrics doctor if there is anyway I can have some yet. I have an appointment with them on Monday morning.

Scott called them this morning when I was having trouble getting my breakfast shake down. For some reason was having trouble not with swallowing but with it feeling like it wouldn't go through the opening in to my stomach. It really hurts when that happens, I had one other occasion of this happening this week and the reflex is automatic for what ever it is to come straight back up......and that is what the nurse practitioner thought was happening this morning when i had to throw up. Natalie believes that I am probably swollen down there a little due to the first time earlier in the week. So they had me go on a liquid diet for a day or so to give it a rest.

I am still losing weight but did discover that I wasn't getting all of my protein I was suppose to when I first started in to stage 4 of eating and adding soft food. So when I go back to eating soft foods again will need to watch that closer. Some how will need to start making a diary of what i eat and keep that up, I have had a terrible time in the past doing that, but will give it a chance once again.

Worked on my new building some this last week. I am to a place where I am adding something to the middle of the building that wasn't there. It is something like having a small place in the middle of the building where it is outside so that you can have "hidden garden". It will be like going out for some fresh air on your break or lunchtime. Scott had the idea and little by little I am getting it done.

I am also working on getting patterns made for a wall hanging to go over our bed. It is called Tranquility and can be found at http://www.woodsandquilts.com/Patterns.htm We are kind of partial to cats around here and this just looked like the best thing to put above our heads at night. I have both sets taped together with one being the guide line for the wall hanging and the other set can now be cut out into patterns. I don't think that the over all construction will be hard at all....it is the adding the middle section and quilting it that will get to me. But I have the confidence I can do it this time.

Well, the chimes just brought in 6AM....where has time gone? I wanted to mention that the Lord blessed us the other day. We thought that the phone and Internet were going to be shut off but the Lord intervened and someone sent us 1/2 of the phone bill due and the other 1/2 we will be able to pick up and pay first of the month. When God uses someone and they give "seed money" I'm not sure who gets more of a blessing the giver or the receiver....I do know that God has worked in our lives and blessed us with some wonderful friends and some of the best ones we have met on the Internet. I pray God will bless this family and they get a special blessing for what they have done.

I just had a major spasm in the left hip and leg just now. I sure wish I knew what to do about it. These things are getting worse and more painful as we go along. As the weight comes off, I sure hope that the pain will lessen and that I will be able to sleep at night instead of off and on.

Well, the chimes went off again, it is 7AM and I'd better go get my meds taken and breakfast figured out.

No comments: