Apparently on the 3rd I discovered what the "dumping syndrom" is in gastric bypass. Not a pretty sight at all. The bedding suffered badly and was finally thrown away it was so nasty. I went back to hospital through the ER and was on IV for rehydration for the night. I finally also got them to pay more attention to the spot where the drain tube had come out on the Thursday before. I had been running low grade fever with the highest being just the night before having the drain removed, 100.7 fever is not a fun thing. Anyway they finally dug some of the yuck out of the hole and began to pack it. When they went to send me home on Sat. I did finally to give me some antibiotics for all the infection. In fact I refused to leave the hospital without some.
After I talked to Jennifer the dietician and we decided that I was now lactose intolerant, which is what we believe caused the "dumping" So have changed over to soy milk and soy protein....doing much better now. This was a major blow for me as milk has never hurt me like that before, but was told it is not uncommon for someone to do after the surgery. Come this friday the 10th I can start adding a solid food. Must remember to chew it to a nothing paste like to get it to go through the small opening and small stomach I now have. I have also lost about 34lbs since moving here to Boonville.
Before surgery I did get creative and put together a couple buildings. One was a kit that a friend had sent and it is actually made of Paper and has 3 buildings to it. I'm very pleased with how it went together......here is a picture of it.

I also have another building I made out of scrape that was left over from a building Scott was working on while he was in to the Ho trains. He has now gone to a different size trains On30 and Gn15....I just know they are bigger and He pretty much has to make the things for them as the few things they have are too exspensive. But then that is what he likes to do, take things apart and redo them. Anyway back to my buildings here is a picture of the other one, still have a bit to do on it but this is the one made out of scraps......

The building with the tractor in front of it is the one. As can be seen there are several more that need finished. I will get to them and have a couple of quilt or wall hangings planned down the road here. First i want to get over to the YMCA and get the papers filled out for the scholarship program they have and try to start exercising for all this weight lose. Need to work on muscles and keep them working right, maybe it will help the Fibro too.
Okay time to close out this late night entry and try to get back to sleep.....
No comments:
Post a Comment