While resting and cooling off thought I'd add to my blog. I finally was able to get in a walk today, the wind is stirring and the breeze felt good. It was a long walk but I took my time and went slowly, however I will pay for it tonight and probably tomorrow.
Have needed to go to the store and had put out fellers letting people know if they were going and didn't mind a rider I'd like to hear from them but that didn't work. Soooo when you are out of bread, milk and almost to the end of the cat food you do what ever you can. I am glad I waited till today and didn't go out in the unreal humidity of this last week.
Again this year I missed out on Heritage Days here in Boonville, because of the heat. One of these days I would love to go and see the booths and things going on up town during these fun days.
Today as I left on my walk I heard the ambulances coming this way and as I rounded the building I saw why.......a young boy lay on the ground in front of a car here at the corner of our building, his bike just under the bumper of the car at the stop sign. My heart went out to all involved, he couldn't have been more than 8 or 9 yrs old.He was awake and showing the guys where it hurt so I crossed the road and prayed for them all as I went on.
As I went to the store I went through the residential streets and stopped by to see my friend Mildred. She was doing pretty good now, especially now that her air conditioner was fixed. She had had some pretty miserable days during last week when the humidity was so high but the landlord got the thing fixed on Friday and it was nice feeling in there today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment