Friday, July 31, 2009

Behind again

Well got behind again on posting as I've had to spend my time with my foot up to reduce the swelling in my foot and toes. Still suppose to keep it up as much as possible but it is getting a lot better. Last week had the stitches removed and then yesterday had the pins removed from toes.......didn't really hurt like I was afraid it would. The Doc had them pulled before I knew it and tomorrow I can take a real honest to goodness shower!! YAY!! Been doing make shift showers and baths and my skin is so dry now. Tomorrow plan to use baby oil to help skin look better again and I'm sure my hair will appreciate a GOOD wash. Here is a pic after stitches came out.....




Here is a pic of my and my sister that my niece had taken while they came to visit on their way to visit mom and dad.





Also had a wonderful suprise last Sunday. My niece her husband and my great nephew were in town in Kansas City from Alaska and it didn't look like I was going to get to see them, BUT..... they stopped by for a few minutes as they were heading thru on their way to Bob Jones for a conference. By brother Paul and his wife were takeing them down and were watching their first grandbaby while the parents were in the conference. As soon as the kids get back home they will send me a pic of me holding Baby Daniel and am looking forward to seeing it. This was the first time I'd seen him or held him and was so greatful for being able to do so! Here is a pic or 2 of them in other situations so you can see what a wonderful family they all make.



I love this one of Baby Daniel


This is my brother and Sister in law Paul and Marilyn Hays and their first Grand baby Daniel




This is my niece Rebecca her husband Daniel and then Baby Daniel.
Love these pics!

Before I close do want to share with those who might not know that if you are a member of Netflex you can get some of the Gaithers videos on there. Have totally enjoyed the 2 I got earlier in the week. One was on George Beverly Shea and the Mark Lowry in Hollywood.

Okay time to get the foot up again.

2 comments:

ScottFW said...

Hi!
Those visits sure sound like the right thing at the right time :-)

Owie on the foot.
Looks a mess now but will walk better when it heals.

Love ya Babe
:-*

Nana-Judy said...

Thanks for the update! Your foot is looking good. Just wish they could have 'worked' on the toenails to trim them, too. Some of the 'rules' that cover medical services seem so FOOLISH sometimes! Maybe I can run over there in a couple of weeks with some clippers and nippers and files I have and see if we can't get them shaped up. I worked on my Mom's a time or two!
Thanks for the pics of you and Sandy and the ones about Paul and Marilyn and baby Daniel and his Mom and Dad, too.