Saturday, June 13, 2009

Long walk

I took a long walk yesterday, Friday, and did real well all through the walk. Even stopped by to see my friend Mildred and check on her. However, coming down the hill from up town to my building I began to hurt all over, thought for awhile it was just going to be my new hip but it began to spread all over my body. When I got in the building I stopped down in the commons room and tried to watch tv and rest a bit. Two of my friends came in and we talked for awhile but I just kept getting worse. I finally got up and headed upstairs with the idea of taking a warm shower and then laying down but that idea was changed as I had to take some strong pain meds and lay down to be able to get on top of it all.

It wasn't the flu but was flu like symptoms so decided it must have been Fibromyalgia hitting me hard. I even chilled and ran a low grade fever, will need to watch this close in case there is still an infection some where, don't need it to settle in the new hip area!! It even has my carpal tunnel acting up, it hurt from my elbow clear into the palm of my hands and a few choice fingers. Both kittens seemed to know something was wrong and stayed by my side most of the evening.

Again today had a lot of the same things happening. Did go downstairs for awhile watched the end of the ST Louis game and then found the college baseball world series games at Omaha....when I left that LSU was ahead. Still feeling bad and the cats are about to tare me apart as they are in jumping stage and they are leaving marks all over me......of course that hurts more today cause I feel so bad anyway!! Grrrr

Fighting depression a lot lately doesn't help either!! That was the reason for the walk in the first place. Oh well, life shall go on and so shall I......or not and my favorite quote for that is......"heaven? Go ahead and threaten me with Heaven!"

1 comment:

Nana-Judy said...

Hey! I think the change in the weater was playing havoc, too. I was fine most of the day on Saturday. Started hurting a little that evening, but had some major pain and discomfort all day Sunday! I'm better today, but I'm not planning anything very physical as an activity today!
I'm sure you are lonely! Do you have a pastor who could come and pray with you, or a friend you could see or talk with? Do something to help someone else if you can, even if it is listening to someone's 'old stories', it will help and encourage you both! Love you!!!